Thursday, August 7, 2008

Loving, laughing, working, working, working.


So as you can see on a post below I've been a week away from home down in the eastern part of Norway. I came back on Tuesday, and today is my first day of work since Monday before last. Which is fine, and I'm kind of looking forward to bartending again, but I'm SIIICK! I've been coughing all of July and now that it stopped of course my tawnsils are swollen. Which is worse. Right now it's not so bad, I'm drinking the ancient remedy of green lemon tea with extra lemon and lots of honey, which actually seems to be working. But my problems will arrive hard and fast if this gets worse. See, I have night shift today, night shift tomorrow and opening shifts the two days after that. It's not that all the other people working in the bar haven't done this before when they were sick, but I still feel sorry for myself. Specially if my tawnsils swell up more because that will bring with it speaking, breathing and swallowing disabilities. Huzzah. Complain, complain, complain. 

Actually I don't feel too complainy, my mood is really like this: 


(Taken by Rosemary O'Kane)

This picture was, by the way, taken outside a huge sports shop in Seattle called REI. I would like to point out how happy I look. I'm never happy in or outside of a sports shop.

3 comments:

ted said...

hello mari! i'm jealous of your adventures & only wish that i had enough dough to go to any sort of art school in paris.

Mari Safari said...

Hi!
I'm very excited, but kind of nervous. But I think I'll be alright. How are you? It's been a long time!

Anonymous said...

Du er søt^^