Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Waiting is hard...

As many of you may have picked up on already, I am not very fond of my job here in Paris.
I am a waitress at a chain café called Indiana and it is amazing how hard work it is. I am tired all the time and the only thing I want to do my two days off a week, is lie in bed and  let my body heal. Because it hurts all the time. I have never had a problem with my hands before, but carrying this plateau with lots of plates and glasses every day has given me issues. It hUrts! 

I was for a months thinking about whether I should get a new job, and tried - unsuccessfully - but I have come to the conclusion that I'm only staying here 'til June anyways, and I think I can bear it for another couple of months. Because: 1. My family arrives today and I have a whole week off!!! 2. I'll be going to London i April!!! (if I can get time off...). 3. Malin is coming to visit me in April!!! And after April I only have a few weeks left of work before I go to Madrid to celebrate my aunts 50th birthday. 

So I think I can hang in there. I mean I do still love Paris.

So yesterday I was sitting outside at one of my favorite café's, Café Charlot when two men who sat next to me started talking to me. They were wondering whether I was American or what, but and got really excited when I said I was Norwegian. Turned out one of them had traveled the world with two Norwegian girls a long, long time ago, and it also turned out that they came from Tromsø! The world just continues to grow smaller....

No comments: