Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Moving. Wondering. Friendship. French.


So I'm thinking about everything that'll happen when I move. Everyone seems to be moving at the moment, and I'm wondering who I'll be able to keep in touch with ad who will remain Tromsonian friends I only see if I'm at home at the same time as them. I have moved around the world a few times before so I know very well how this works. You keep in touch with a good amount of people the first four months, but after that everyone (including yourself, if you're content in the new place) gets used to the fact that you're gone and it reduces to the ones who were closest in the end. If you're good at keeping in touch, that is. Which I thankfully am. It's been three years since I came home after living in Seattle for a year and I still talk to my friends over there ever so often. I stayed there for a month last summer, and even met up with a few of them in San Francisco this March. 

I'll be living in a flat with French and international students in the heart of Paris. I'm going to buy a bike. This will be my first purchase. Une volé. C'est correct? Je ne sais pas. My mom will be coming with me for the first couple of days, before school starts. I find this very strategic as she can bring some of my clothes I won't have room for. Eh? Good. 

The 29th of August is my planned moving date so anyone living or vacationing in Paris between then and December should most certainly contact me. 
<3>

2 comments:

Jo Marie said...

Ahah! You DO have a blog as well! Hooray! I'll try to post more photos and update mine more often.

And in regards to your post, I'm so lucky to be able to keep up such a great friendship with such a great lady all these years through all these miles apart! I love you and will write to you often when you are in Paris!

Mari Safari said...

Likewise! I hope to pick up my pen pal tendensies and I'll definitely be able to write more online as well. I feel very lucky as well and even more so when I met up with you all in San Francisco. Ingrid really liked you and Jedd, and I just thought; Why wouldn't she?! You are so amazing and wonderful to hang out with, love.

Speak soon<3