Friday, August 22, 2008

Thrift store girls and other important activities.

So today I only did important things:

- Found old music I forgot I had.
- Listened to it.
- Got a new bank account and ordered a card for it.
- Called my French appartment finder and complained about his late being.
- Went to the dentist and filled a cavity. Half of my face was numb for five hours. Whoopidoo.
- Had a good bye coffee with my good friend.
- Now I am working to earn a good enough capital to at least be able to live on noodles whilst in the city of love.


I also found these which is very important. To me.












They're photos from a sieries Brian Ulrich did for Vice Magazine about thrift store girls. At first glance I wasn't too impressed, but thinking about it, these kind of photo threads always include really fashionable girls with creative street wear and what not. The girls in these shots seemed to be lost in a world of heavily used items clearily more attractive to the garbage bin than on the back of an average fashionista. Behind the scenes so to speak. Or? I'm not sure, but I like the concept of portreying a backside to the vintage shopping trend.

Which I am a huge fan of and think is amazing and will never stop doing...!
¨

No comments: